Meet Xixi Wu, BDS, MS, Ph.D.
Periodontist in Richardson, TX
Dr. Xixi Wu, BDS, MS, Ph.D., is a Board-Certified Periodontist specialized in Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery. She completed her Ph.D. in McGill University in Canada and her periodontal residency in University of Oklahoma (OUHSC), after that she became a Clinical Assistant Professor and course director in OU Graduate Periodontics, before she relocated to Richardson, TX.
Dr. Wu is a member of many prestigious dental organizations, including the American Academy of Periodontology, Southwest Society of Periodontology, and American Dental Association etc. She is also a highly experienced and clinically skilled practitioner and is able to provide the full scope of treatment for gum disease, gum recession, bone grafting and dental implant placement etc.
Some patients and peers might be interested in her multiple high-quality implant-related publications and contributed to books in her field, with hundreds of citations and one of the publications was the most-read article of 2014 in the Journal of Dental Research. She is also a peer reviewer of multiple dental journals and has presented in multiple international and national dental conferences (IADR, CADR, AO, etc.). She had won The American Academy of Periodontology Educator Award in 2021, Academy of Osseointegration Award in 2020, First Place Award of IADR IRG Young Investigator Prize in 2015, Senior-Clinical Research-First Place in 2014 in the Canadian Association of Dental Research (CADR), and the 2014 Unilever Hatton Competitor representing Canada in the International Association for Dental Research (IADR) etc.
When Dr. Wu is not in the dental office, she enjoys cooking, playing badminton, family hiking and biking etc. Her husband Kai is a senior software engineer in Google. They have a 6-year-old boy Kason and a baby girl whose name is Clementine.
We believe that in Dr. Wu’s hands, this community will experience a seamless transition in care, and will come to see that Dr. Wu’s dedication to her work and patients coincide with the philosophy that has always been at the heart of the practice. She is excited to meet you, and to take the best possible care of you and your dental health.
Dr. Wu’s Publications:
• Wu X, Tamimi F. Pharmacological Risk Assessment for Dental Implants. InMandibular Implant Prostheses 2018 (pp. 37-65). Springer, Cham.
• Wu X; Cai C, Gil J, Jantz E, Al Sakka Y, Padial-Molina M, Surez-Lpez del Amo F. Characteristics of Particles and Debris Released after Implantoplasty: A Comparative Study. Materials. 2022 Jan;15(2):602.
• Abu Nada L, Al Subaie A, Mansour A, Wu X, Abdallah MN, AlWaeli H, Ersheidat A, Stone LS, Murshed M, Tamimi F. The antidepressant drug, sertraline, hinders bone healing and osseointegration in rats tibiae. Journal of clinical periodontology.
• Tamimi F, Wu X. Osseointegration Pharmacology. JDR Clinical & Translational Research. 2017 Jul;2(3):211-3.
• Wu X, AlAbedalla K, Eimar H, Arekunnath Madathil S, AbiNader S, Daniel NG, Nicolau B, Tamimi F. Antihypertensive medications and the survival rate of osseointegrated dental implants: a cohort study. Clinical implant dentistry and related research.
• Wu X, AlAbedalla K, AbiNader S, Daniel NG, Nicolau B, Tamimi F. Proton pump inhibitors and the risk of osseointegrated dental implant failure: a cohort study. Clinical implant dentistry and related research. 2017 Apr;19(2):222-32.
• Al-Abedalla K, Torres J, Cortes AR, Wu X, Nader SA, Daniel N, Tamimi F. Bone augmented with allograft onlays for implant placement could be comparable with native bone. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. 2015 Nov 1;73(11):2108-22.
• Wu X, Al-Abedalla K, Rastikerdar E, Abi Nader S, Daniel NG, Nicolau B, Tamimi F. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and the risk of osseointegrated implant failure: a cohort study. Journal of dental research. 2014 Nov;93(11):1054-61.
• Torres GarcaDenche J, Wu X, Martinez PP, Eimar H, Ikbal DJ, Hernndez G, LpezCabarcos E, FernandezTresguerres I, Tamimi F. Membranes over the lateral window in sinus augmentation procedures: a twoarm and splitmouth randomized clinical trials. Journal of clinical periodontology. 2013 Nov;40(11):1043-51.